Friday, June 19, 2009

Go west

I've just been to the city Ålesund, in the northern part of the west of Norway :D Haha. Ålesund has about 40 000 inhabitants, a football team (or maybe several?), and a lot of houses made in Jugendstil/Art Nouveau (they rebuilt the whole city in this style after a big fire in 1904).



View from Fjellstua.

I went by bus from Trondheim (check out the bus tables here). It took me about 7 hours, which is not a lot when you have such gorgeous nature to observe outside the windows, ferryboats to walk around and fellow bus passengers who can be a lot of fun to observe (like a business man picking his nose and eating the contents believing that nobody saw it...).



Pig at the animal club. Oink Oink.


In Ålesund there are different things to do. For example you can go to Sunnmøre Museum and have a look at old houses that didn't burn down, or to the animal club close by where you can see guinea pigs and just pigs (amongst others). You can go to Fjellstua for a good view (and an adrenalin kick from the road going up there!), Pluto for hangover-food, the city centre for shopping and watching the narrowest house you've ever seen.



Narrow house? Or are my arms very long?

Wanna know more about what's going on i Ålesund? Check it out here.

3 comments:

Sunni said...

Ålesund-byen den er vårt hjem,
ligger ved havet på øyer fem.
Havne- og fiskeby er den,
fineste byen i verden.

Nittenfire da hendte det,
hele Ålesund brente ned.
Husa var laga av tre da,
nå står de igjen og er freda... osv...

Huska ikke mer! :D

Niice, baby. Animal club, I like it alot. ;P

Tina Laais said...

Hehe, flink du er til å være Ålesundpatriotisk ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow, 7 hours traveling just to visit a city? I´m not sure I would have had the motivation. But the city does sound nice and I guess traveling around in Norway must be beautiful!
I should let you inspire me to finally make a trip to the Netherlands and Amsterdam, with Amsterdam being only around 2-3 hours away...
I´ll let you know when my photos are online :)